Dr. Tracey Marks: 7 Questions To Ask To Check Your Mental Health – Mental Health Awareness Month
1. How is your life balance (4 domains: physical health, relationships, personal achievement (work, school, money, etc.), meaning and future (values and goals))?
2. How have your moods been on most days? (Do you still find things amusing or funny?)
3. How have you been sleeping? The average amount of sleep required for an adult is 7-9 hours. How is the quality? How rested do you feel?
4. How well have you been taking care of your body? Are you craving lots of processed , sugary, salty foods? That can be indicative of stress. Are you getting any physical activity?
5. How have you been feeling physically?
6. Who is your support system? Do you have someone to talk or turn to?
7. What are you doing that gives you joy?